Baking Recipes and More
Baking is a healthy and alternative way of cooking for your family. In fact, baking enhances the flavor of the food and minimizes the use of unhealthy fat in your diet. In this post, you can read about the benefits of baking, tips on baking, and baking recipes for kids (yummy cookies)!
Baking Recipe: How To Make Lemon Cookies
In this article, you will find how to make lemon cookies at home. Thank you Baked Comfort Food for sharing this amazing recipe!
Prepare The Dough For Lemon Cookies
- Wash the lemon very well. Grate half of the skin and reserve it. Remember not to get to the white part of it, as it is bitter.
- Squeeze the whole lemon and reserve the juice.
- Mix the butter well with the white sugar. You can do it by hand perfectly, but you’ll get less tired if you use an electric beater or a food processor.
- When the butter has bleached slightly, incorporate the egg. And then, when it is well mixed, the juice and the lemon zest.
- Add a pinch of salt. This will help boost the sweetness of the cookies without adding more sugar.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour and yeast) and mix them gently with a spatula until they are fully integrated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let the cookie dough rest for at least half an hour in the fridge.
Bake The Cookies
- After the resting time, preheat the oven to 170 ºC.
- 2. Now it’s time to shape the cookies. To do this, roll the dough in small portions and lightly squeeze them with your hand. Make sure that all the balls have more or less the same size. If you see that the dough sticks to your hands, help yourself with a little icing sugar.
- 3. Place the cookies on a slightly separated cookie sheet. They will increase in volume, and bake at 170 ° C for 12 or 15 minutes. They should not get to toast, but be throwing blanquitas.
- 4. Once baked, remove them from the tray and let them rest on a rack until they cool completely.
Tips For Making Lemon Cookies
- Once you have added the flour to the dough, work it just right so that all the ingredients are mixed. Too much kneading will only make the cookies hard.
- In this sense, you should also monitor the time they are in the oven because if you exceed the time, the cookies will be too hard and dry.
- With the amounts that I provided, you will have to make two batches of cookies (two trays).
- Always wait for the cookies to be completely cold before storing them. Then, put them in a can that can be closed well.
- When I’m going to use the skin of citrus fruits to flavor my recipes I try to choose organically-grown ones. The skin of the fruit is where most phytosanitary products accumulate vegetables.
For more easy baking recipes, please visit https://bakedcomfortfood.com.
Related Post: Mompreneur/ Baker Chef Hazel of Cupcake Matters
Do you like to bake? What is your baking recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section. Share this post to a friend who loves cookies!