A Special Gift From My Husband
I am so excited to share my review of The Jo Malone London Gift Set that my husband gave me for Christmas! Last December, he took me and the kids on a shopping trip in Florence, Italy. I really like the Jo Malone London brand because of its clean, minimalist appeal… and their store smells amazing!
Jo Malone London in Florence, Italy
I was ecstatic to see a Jo Malone London store in the city center of Florence, Italy! The English-speaking sales associate was super helpful and very patient. She helped me choose my favorite scents. There were a plethora of scents and it can be overwhelming. For me, most of the scents smell wonderful. So…which one should I choose?
The Perfect Set
Next thing I knew, my problem was solved right away! Luckily I saw the gift sets displayed on the holiday display table! For 99 Euros, you can get a box of five 9 ml bottles. (On Amazon, it’s $149.99 plus shipping.)
I walked out of the store proudly holding my Jo Malone London paper bag:
Next, let’s talk about the packaging.
1. It comes with this beautiful light blue pentagon box.
2. The spray bottles are light and travel-sized. Just be careful when you press the spray so you don’t get too much of the product. One spray is enough to last me the whole day. I prefer colognes over heavy perfumes because I am very sensitive to strong scents.
Description of the Scents
Finally, I’ll try to describe each scent as best as I can.
1. Nectarine Blossom and Honey: This is my personal favorite. It is a sweet, flirty scent that reminds me of springtime in Virginia. Honeybees. Flowers. Sunshine.
2. Lime, Basil and Mandarin: It is a clean, crisp scent that reminds me of a kitchen in a Tuscan villa. Fresh ingredients on the table. A glass of cold spremuta l’arancia.
3. English Pear & Freesia: It’s a “tita” (auntie) scent for me. It’s something a rich socialite would wear to British tea parties.
4. Pomegranate Noir: I love the name of this scent because it’s a combination of my husband’s last name (if it were in Spanish) and my maiden name (if it were in Italian)! It smells very exotic. Arabian nights. Princess Jasmine meets Aladdin.
5. English Oak & Red Currant: This scent would smell amazing on my husband. It reminds me of a tower in the medieval town of San Gimignano.
I definitely recommend Jo Malone London. I would buy a full bottle of Nectarine Blossom & Honey, my signature scent!
The Jo Malone London Limited Edition gift set is still available (as of 25 January 2018) on Amazon:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Read Next: Simple Skin Care For Moms