Meditation: Self-care For Moms A Guest Post by Helen of mombureau.com The responsibilities of a mother can be overwhelming at times. Taking kids to school and extracurricular activities, feeding everyone, working your full-time job/ side hustle and cleaning the house can be stressful. When we are always thinking of the needs and wants of our …
Featured Mom: Jennifer O’ Shea Today’s featured mom is a military spouse and motherhood + lifestyle blogger of Teach Workout Love. View this post on Instagram 5 down boo many more to go. Happy to have my best friend by my side through the thick and the thin. 💕 happy anniversary love you . . …
September- Your Favorite Italian Recipe
This post has affiliate links.
Ciao a tutti! I would love to share the recipe for one of my children’s favorite Italian meals: Tortiglioni Al Ragu. This is the “kiddie version” of this popular Italian dish. Leon and Lucas are both under the age of three, so I used the mini tortiglioni called “Barilla Piccolini Tortiglioni“. I also used a store-bought sauce called Barilla Ragu alla Bolognese. Check out this recipe by Donna Moderna if you prefer to make your sauce from scratch. A typical Ragu alla Bolognese sauce is made with beef, sweet pork belly, meat broth, tomato paste, onion, carrots, and celery stalk.
I added minced carrots to the sauce to make the recipe healthier for my little toddlers:
- 2 cups of Piccolini Tortiglioni
- 1 jar of Barilla Ragu Alla Bolognese
- Minced carrots
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Grated Parmigiano Cheese
- Boil water in a big pot and add a lot of salt.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the pasta.
- After 6-7 minutes or when the pasta is al dente, remove the pot from the stove.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside, but leave one cup of pasta water for later.
- Pour the sauce into the pot, add the minced carrots, a spoonful of olive oil, and the pasta water.
- Mix the sauce. Let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Season your pasta with the sauce.
- Finally, add grated Parmigiano cheese if desired.
I hope your family will enjoy this meal together!
Are You Looking For More Italian Recipes?